What Goes into a Successful Podcast?
- Know who your target audience is and know what they want.
- Give it to them via audio that is not distracting
- Use a consistent schedule so they can add you to their routine
- Your content should be so good it inspires people to tell their friends.
- Don’t quit
- Don’t worry about making money for three years.
- Don’t OBSESS about your stats
- Focus on your audience.
The math of podcast downloads is
Total Number of downloads = Value X Promotion
If you promote an episode that has no value, your results are pointless. If you deliver value but don’t promote it (and by that I mean you might have to get out of your chair) then your podcast will grow slowly.
[9:20] My Mixer Headphone Died – Troubleshooting
[23:35] Finding Sponsors
[25:00] glow.fm where are your fees? Cmon!?
[40:10] Best computer for podcasting
[46:50] Do Dave still use Audition? No, I am using Hindenburg Journalist.
[53:00] Is Live streaming going away on YouTube for reals?